Here are some tips to use around the home to help prevent electrical accidents.
- Throw away frayed and damaged cords and extension cords.
- Extension cords should only be used temporarily.
- Turn appliances off before unplugging them and pull the plug, not the cord, when unplugging.
- Donâ€™t touch appliances or switches with wet hands.
- Cover electrical outlets to stop children from poking things into them.
- Keep appliances out of the reach of children.
- Make sure outdoor appliances cannot come into contact with pools or puddles of water.
- Always look up before moving ladders and other tall items around your yard or home. A ladder or antenna in contact with a power line can cause a serious accident.
- Never tamper with your electric meter; it is illegal and you could risk shock, explosion or fire.
- Never use water to douse an electrical fire; use the appropriate type of fire extinguisher.
Site by Infomedia
| Copyright Â© 2017 Baldwin EMC