Baldwin EMC representatives are issuing an urgent warning to the cooperative’s members about a phone scam. The alert follows recent reports of members being contacted by someone demanding money and claiming to represent Baldwin EMC.
These scams typically involve:
- Callers threatening power disconnection if payment is not received immediately;
- Callers asking members to pay via credit card, a prepaid debit card or wire transfer.
Please be aware that these are not legitimate calls from Baldwin EMC. While we do use phone contacts to communicate with members, we will not demand payment over the phone.
If you receive a call like this:
- Don’t give out any personal information or agree to make any payments.
- End the call as quickly as possible.
- Report it to Baldwin EMC by calling (251) 989-6247.