Baldwin EMC is making final preparations for the arrival of Hurricane Zeta today. The co-op encourages the public to be aware of the following:
- As the storm approaches, Baldwin EMC crews will continue to provide restoration service until weather conditions require them to stop for safety reasons.
- Members who depend on electric-powered healthcare equipment should immediately seek alternative shelter or obtain a backup source of power for their equipment. While Baldwin EMC is committed to restoring power as quickly and safely as possible, it cannot guarantee uninterrupted service.
- Members can expect to experience flickering lights as wind speed increases. Restoration efforts will continue as long as conditions are safe.
- Stay away from fallen power lines. Assume that any line is conducting electricity. During the storm, call Baldwin EMC ONLY to report an emergency, such as downed, sparking power lines.
- Baldwin EMC will begin damage assessment immediately following the storm, along with restoration of power.
- Information about restoration efforts will be provided as soon as it is available. Again, call Baldwin EMC only to report emergencies.
For the most up-to-date outage information, follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/BaldwinEMC/), Instagram (instagram.com/baldwinemc) and Twitter (twitter.com/baldwinemc) or visit www.baldwinemc.com.