The Baldwin County Electric Membership Charitable Foundation recently presented Star Light Awards to 24 teachers and school faculty members. Each of the winners received a grant to help them bring innovative projects and programs to their schools.
The grants were made possible by Baldwin EMC’s Operation Round Up program, which collects money for charitable causes by rounding up participating members’ electric bills to the next highest dollar amount.
This is the fifth year that Star Light Awards have been presented. The Baldwin County Electric Membership Charitable Foundation Board, which oversees Operation Round Up, created the program in 2011 as a way to enrich learning at local schools.
Before being named a winner, each teacher or faculty member submitted an application describing his or her project for the board to review.
Star Light awards were presented to the following:
- Foley High School: Beth Taylor, D.V.M
- Elberta Elementary School: Elizabeth Orfanello and Jennifer Rachel
- Robertsdale Elementary School: Virginia Breland, Yonna Fogle, Susie Vivar and Madalan O’Leary
- Robertsdale High School: Angela Hodges and Bryant Baggett
- Patrick’s Catholic School: Kris Pierce
- North Baldwin Center for Technology: Scott Larson
- Bay Minette Intermediate School: Starla Sellers
- Spanish Fort High School: Brett Davis
- Loxley Elementary School: Jesse Holder
- Daphne Middle School: Amanda Blake and Karen Pearson
- Daphne East Elementary School: Jennifer Alberstadt
- Daphne Elementary School: Beth Childs
- Christ the King Catholic School: Rose Mary Mitchell and Barbara Hutson
- Fairhope High School: Nelda Reichley and Cody Coleman
- Fairhope Middle School: Susan Harrison and Chesley Bowling