The Baldwin County Electric Membership Charitable Foundation presented grants to five local agencies this past summer. These grants were made possible through Baldwin EMC’s Operation Round Up program, which collects money for charitable causes by rounding up participating members’ electric bills to the next highest dollar amount, with the extra change used to fund grants. Grants must meet one of six qualifying categories: food, clothing, shelter, health, environment and education.
Grants were presented to the following organizations:
- Baldwin County Child Advocacy Center, which provides services and resources for child victims of sexual abuse and severe physical abuse and for their supportive, non-offending family members.
- Catholic Social Services, an organization with programs including emergency aid, counseling, a food pantry, To Be Options for Women, Project REACH, and Christmas Sharing, to assist members of our local community.
- Ecumenical Ministries, a non-denominational, comprehensive social service agency providing aid to low-income families and individuals in Baldwin County.
- Prodisee Pantry, a local food bank providing emergency assistance to local families facing financial hardships.
- The Robertsdale Rotary Club for their efforts in support of Camp ASCCA and RYLA Camp.