When you need to start new electrical service with Baldwin EMC, our member service representatives are ready to assist you with the process. Please contact us well in advance of the date you expect to need power.
Here’s what you need to get started:
- Your account number if you have service with us now.
- A completed and signed application: Download and print here, complete, and mail, fax, or deliver to one of our offices.
- Required security deposits and fees.
- The physical address (911 address) of the property and directions. If you don’t know the physical address contact the Baldwin County Emergency Response 911 Center at 947-5911, 947-3911, 937-7941, or 928-5928. Near neighbor’s names and addresses may also be helpful.
- An electrical permit from the appropriate inspection department, city or county.
- Completed service entrance wired according to applicable electrical codes. Download wiring specifications here.
- Note: Line extension fees may apply.
Call us at (251) 989-6247 or toll-free at (800) 837-3374, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. for assistance, or bring your completed application to one of our three convenient office locations between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays. Our member service representative will help you determine the applicable fees and deposits and collect the information needed to begin your work order. Click here to learn more about the work order process.